I know. I said I was taking a break from blogging. Officially, I still am.
But I could resist the opportunity to write about yet another blogger meet up I had last Saturday. That evening, Skippy and I ventured into New York City to meet Alecto and her pal, Florkow for dinner and a comedy show at Joe's Pub down in NYC's East Village.
It isn't often that I get a chance to pose for a photo with three beautiful women, let alone meet fellow bloggers face-to-face. So when these opportunities arise, I jump at them.
I've met several in the past few years -- among them are Distributorcap, Morse, Pissed in NYC, and Divajoood. And there are a few more I know that I'll get around to meeting someday -- New Jersey is not that big a state Mauigirl!
I also know the lovely and talented Blondesense Liz, with whom I formed that soon-to-be-open-mike-night sensation, Los Pablos.
And now, I can say I met Alecto.
Skippy and I found her and Florkow to be delightful and charming company, and, an incredibly funny, if not unintentional, warm up act for Hazelle Goodman.
Man these ladies have some good stories to tell. Oh, those crazy women from Connecticut!
Okay, good people, it's back to my fortress.
Move along now. Nothing to see here.
One More Article / Un Altro Articolo
-
Over the years teaching at La Scuola d’Italia NY, I have learned that
children are not just students; they are careful observers of the world,
full of q...
6 months ago
And you didn't even mention whether the food was good or not. You need more practice at this blogging thing. ;-)
ReplyDeleteIf the food were any good, I'd have mentioned it. But you're right about the blogging practice> Let's just say I'm on the 60-day DL.
ReplyDeleteI check every day, just in case. Glad I did. Happier still that you had a lovely meet up. (It's Pissed in NYC...can't figure out this new comment log in thing.)
ReplyDeleteThanks PiNYC. You know how much I enjoy meet ups. BTW, when are we going to hang out for a drink or two? Skippy and I would love to hook up with you sometime (or you and I can hang...). Let me know.
ReplyDelete(PiNYC here) I'm fairly free after Memorial Day. Do you like good German food and beer at reasonable prices? Lederhosen...just a great place. Or we can go somewhere else.
ReplyDeleteThat's cool. We have a little Blogger's group out here that meets for drinks every couple of months. S'good to sit down and hoist a few with like-minded people.
ReplyDeleteOkay PiNYC. I think I still have your number in my mobile. I'll call or text you with some possible dates.
ReplyDeleteKvatch.. It is really cool to put some faces to the names who write the blogs you enjoy most. You miss so much in terms of tone of voice and facial expression when you just read their blogs. On the flip side, meeting them gives one a context that is otherwise not gotten.
You're right, one of these days we should have a local blog meet-up! I've only met one other blogger in person so far - ironically, she's in Maui - we were going to be there so it seemed as if we should meet up! But it would be a lot easier for us to meet, for sure!
ReplyDeleteMG.. you opportunity may come sooner than you think. My brother in law is playing in the city this Saturday night at the placed called Groove on MacDougal and Bleeker (very near NYU). If you're interested, come on down. I'll send you details privately.
ReplyDeleteOk Spart..I normally wouldn't exert demands on other bloggers, but you are not allowed to stop blogging. Period. This is an order. You don't want me to bring out my ruler, young man...but I will. Oh yes I will! :-)
ReplyDeleteME... I hope you have the strength to drag me back kicking and screaming, because I've lost my mojo to do this on any regular basis.
ReplyDeleteGreat that you enjoyed on all this places.By the way from all which was the best place?
ReplyDeleteDomain registration india