Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Talkin' 'bout My Girl

Again, I know I said I've taken a break from blogging. I believe I also said I would chime in with a post from time to time. Well let's consider this a chime, okay?

Last week, my Noodle (and Skippy's, too) participated in her school's Spring Vocal Concert. The students were magnificent. But what made this concert extra special (and not short-bus special... beep beep) was that my our Noodle got to choreograph and perform an Irish Step dance to "The Voice" by the Celtic Women. I We are biased, Skippy and me. We thought she was awesome. We saw firsthand how hard she worked to make this a great performance, and it showed.

Way to go, Nood!

My apologies for the amateurish video quality. I used Ricky D's camera. I should have taken his tri-pod, too.



Okay good people. It's back to blogging hibernation for me.

21 comments:

  1. Ah ah ah I knew you could not stay away to long.....welcome back....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, welcome back. And kudos to Noodle. You have talented kids, Spartacus. Apples don't fall far from the tree, you know. (Pissed in NYC)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's clear IB that some people didn't read the fine print. Thanks for the welcome, though. I'll only be staying for one. See ya!

    PiNYC... I'll pass on your compliment to Noodle and to my kids. But if the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, then I need to have a frank discussion with Skippy about who actually fathered these kids, because I was looking over my shoulder asking "Who? Me?", when I read it. Heh... (really.. thanks... you're too kind.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Skippy did a great job. Looks like the kids got the best of both. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The comment above was me, Pissed in NYC (damn this new commenting software).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again, PiNYC. I'll figure out if there's anything I can do on my end. I think I may have changed my options to allow commenters with OpenID accounts. I also noticed that you can leave a comment using a TypePad account as well. Give it a try and let me know how that works for you. And I know you're just sayin, but the best and worst go hand in hand.... heh... now it's me who's just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unless you were a dancer back in your punk teenager rock dude days, she probably gets that from mom. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do you mean back in my punk teenager rock dude days? My suit and tie are just a ruse, man. I'm still kicking it and still, still have many musical axes to grind. Does my Mexican-Strat avatar mean nothing to you? Heh. But you're right. I can dance, but all the moves are unrehearsed and all my performances typically devolve into indescribable ugliness. Skippy was a cheerleader, and that's the best explanation I have for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was so cool! The one thing I really miss since my kids are all out of high school are the performances. All but one of my kids was involved in some type of music program during their HS years and I was always amazed at the talent of those young kids.

    Much applause for Noodle...and the camera work wasn't so bad considering you weren't using a tripod. :-)

    Now don't stay away too long!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ME... My kids and the other kids that perform with them amaze me everytime. I am so digging this and cherishing it because in a few short years, they'll all be off doing their own thing...

    ...which is what I'm doing now. Sorry, but the posts will be intermittent at best. That's the way it has to be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr. Spartacus. Your link to the facebook video has vanished and you don't appear to be up and about. We need a new post! (if you do I will)(wait, I already did)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops. I'll fix it when I get the chance. I'll upload it to YouTube and recreate the link so you can see it. I didn't think of the broken link I'd create when I deactivated my Facebook account.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey kiddo...just stopped by to say hi and although I understand that walking away from blogging needs to be done sometimes, just want to tell ya I miss ya on the inter-tubes, and thanks for stopping by my place when you have the time. I appreciate that big time.

    Hope you're enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're welcome, Nunly. But the main reason why I drastically reduced my blogging is because I finally considered what it means to me in greater scheme of my life. I reached the conclusion that I have more important things to do and other venues in which to express my thoughts. I plan post here from time to time, but blogging is simply not a priority for me. Not anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  15. of course i am late to the party
    must be the conductors on the LIRR

    ReplyDelete
  16. No...when it comes to the LIRR, always, always blame management. Most of conductors are really nice, especially the one who let me retieve my umbrella I left there last Friday morning when was pouring out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Spart! Just needed to stop by and say that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. See, I took you at your word and hadn't dropped by in a while but I was delighted to see and hear the performance this morning. Goes to show you can be immature and still raise cool children - in fact, that might be a prerequisite :-)

    I came by to let you know you won the drawing for the drawing. Happy Father's Day, Spartacus.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Spart! Thanks for stopping by at my blog when you have the time, I love seeing your comments there..I don't want to lose touch!

    Hope you enjoy your upcoming fourth of July holiday. btw, I wrote a public safety announcement regarding all those bbq's in the parks. Hope you get a chance to read it and pass it on by word of mouth. I'd appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...