Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Taking A Breather

Sometimes life gets in the way of writing. I'm no different than anyone in this respect.

There are hurdles like work, baseball games, school projects, and other obstacles (like Youth Center vans) that take priority over the really important task of blog writing. I just need to work through them and, unfortunately, I haven't been able to post as much as I'd like to.

But I'll get back to it. I know I will. Just as sure as the sun rises and trains delay on the Long Island Railroad, I will find another Don Zirkel to rant about. I will have something to share about myself and my family and friends.

But for now, I'm taking a breather, sitting on the bench and watching my teammates do their thing.

Peace and love to all on this fine April 15, 2008. Hope all is well for my friends out here in blogland.

15 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with taking a break. Enjoy the real world. I hear it's nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CDP - Yeah, me too. But it's not like the me and the Italian Bird agreed to this. It's more coincidence if anything. Just so you know, she and I commute into work together on the LIRR.

    RG - So I hear. I'll report back and let you know what I find out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes life is merely an obstacle to blogging, Spartacus. Take all the time you need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What everyone else said, Spartacus. I have yet another family visit this weekend. Mother's 70th birthday, so it's a must attend. Take some time off, enjoy the kids, etc. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy yourself - beautiful spring days are very rare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's with this, "I'm taking a break" crap?

    I don't remember breaks being in your contract.

    Fucking unions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am supposing take a break no you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the beer is waiting for you.... i wish i could take a break

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morse/PiNYC - thanks for the support. While it's temporary, it's needed.

    Susan - They are, just like today in NYC -- Sunny and 68F.

    Fairlane - Sorry boss. I'll stop my loafing sooner than you know. I'm like that GI, Patton slapped in the MASH unit tent. "It's my nerves!"

    IB - I thought anyone can take a break. Guess I was wrong

    DCap - You know man, I am waiting to have that beer, but with the awesome stuff you've been posting, I'm not so sure I even belong in the same bar as you. Seriously, you know how to reach me man. Anytime on the brew...anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I'm off Saturday and will be back Monday and I won't even get on a computer to surf in the time in between. And that's a good thing. Well, every once in a while. Enjoy yourself and your family this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm having to back off as well, only posting occasional pics and not saying much about them.

    Yeah, a break once in a while is necessary to recharge the mind.

    Hang loose, man, we'll be here when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's getting lonely here in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  13. CR - Thanks man. However, I think I just ended my hiatus, and it's not pretty.

    Scarlet, if you say so. But thirty three comments for a post on size 9 feet tells me otherwise. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't had as much time to post this month either! Must be the time of year...

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...