Friday, February 20, 2009

Hugh Hefner Needs Cash

Could it be that Hugh Hefner's harem is finally crumbling around him? I think so. Not only are his girls leaving him, but it seems that he's losing cash, too. He'll do anything to rebuild his empire, even solicit hormone-enraged, 14-year old boys to buy a subscription.



I told Zeb to save his money when he saw this.

"Nobody buys Playboy anymore," I told him. "The articles are just not as good as they used to be."

15 comments:

  1. Wait a minute... they have articles?

    Regards,

    Tengrain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reason to discourage him, love it. (Actually my husband used to get Playboy and I really DID read the articles!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ten... So, I'm told by people in the know. The nebulous knowing are the ones feeding me this info. Why do I feel like a Republican Senator now?

    MG... Ya know he's only 3.5 years away from being old enough to legally purchase a subscription, don't you. By then, there won't be enough fingers to plug up that dyke.

    Liz... I agree. I hear the Internets are rife with all types of free smut. Of course, I personally wouldn't know anything about that. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zeb didn't seem too interested. Now if the hot naked chick was on a skateboard.... that would be a different story !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't listen to conjecture and hearsay. There is no porn on the internets. Believe me, I checked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could it be that Hugh Hefner's harem is finally crumbling around him?

    Well...even so: Hef is about, what (?), a hundred years old now? A good run, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Skip... I know this is a wrong thing for me to say as the other half of his parenting team, but how would you feel about testing your hypothesis?

    Randal... I make it a point not to, but sometimes the lack of empirical information forces me to do that.

    Kvatch... We should all be so lucky to have a run like Hef's?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, how about having some fun? Maybe send it to some wingnut church? You know, Heff trying to lure youngsters. Just saying. It could be fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read something about Hef's daughter saving the empire by expanding the clothing line - I find that ironically hilarious.

    If you do want to test Skippy's theory I think there's a "Skanks on Skateboards" site. I may have stopped at it by accident while doing some research.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A long time go we bought lots of old Playboy magazines because my husband decided to do landscape collages of breasts. We hid all of them the day the little girls softball team we coached was coming for a post season party. Naturally, they were found. He told them, 'Don't worry, I don't read them. I just look at the pictures'.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you mean even sex isnt recession proof - or depression proof.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This isn't why we divorced but when I was married to my first husband we were moving from one apartment to another. I was packing up our stuff while he was at work. When I got to his pile of old playboy mags, I tossed them in the trash. When he found out he about had a cow. Seems they were his prized collection from his college days. Who the hell knew old magazines could mean so much to anyone? I sure didn't.

    Yeah, isn't hef like about a zillion years old now. More may be falling apart than just his corporation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The articles really suck....the interviews are second rate... even the air-brushing has fallen off. Not worth the twelve bucks.....get him a script to Penthouse instead.

    ReplyDelete
  15. PiNYC... That's a great idea. It's about time Catholic priests got some competition in the quest for the hearts and minds of ... umm... young boys.

    Dianne.. that is ironic. But I wonder what he'll have to say if she shacks up with and marries some old geezer who'll dump her when the next hot thing comes along? But your "Skanks on Skateboards" is probably nothing new Zeb. If it involves a skateboard he's probably heard about it or surfed to the site.

    Susan.. I knew an artist who created a piece that is conceptually similar to that of your husband's collage. Only he pasted the images onto canvas then sketched images over the images. A strange but interesting concept. Too bad I don't have a photo. BTW.. that was a nice save on your husband's part. These days, he would likely get hauled away as a pervert.

    DCap - It all depends on you business model, but arguably, no, not even the porn industry is immune to the economy. That's just awful. Think of all those poor investment banker girlfriends who are being cut loose in the wake of the Wall Street spiral. They need a stimulus package, too.

    PoP.. were I a woman, I'd feel just as you do. But your ex's desire to hold on to those past issues of Playboy is a man thing. He probably had a special girl in one of the issues whose pictures he took great care of not sticking together. As for your Hef comment... okay.. waaay too much information.

    Okjimm...I know what you mean. Penthouse always added a bit more spice between the pages of celebrity interviews. Of course, the Penthouse letters were always top notch. I wonder if they've invested a coating that keeps the pages from sticking together.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...