A while ago, my friend Fairlane sent this New York blogger an e-mail to get some publicity for a friend's film. If you're in New York this Sunday and have an open spot on your busy schedule, why not lay out the $15 to see this film. I'll be there.
Hi Fairlane,
I have a huge favor to ask you and if you say no, that's okay.
Since it seems that most of your readers are from back east, or so I assume, I thought that perhaps they might be interested in this event happening in New York City, September the 28th at 2:00pm. Would it be possible for you to post this information on Jonestown?
Beverly Hills was supposed to be the last showing, but I received an email fromTy tonight saying that another venue has opened up for "Between The Lines".
http://www.betweenthelinesfilm.com/
It will play as a double feature along with the 30th anniversary screening of John Milius' epic film Big Wednesday in New York City at the famous Tribeca Cinemas on September 28th at 2:00PM.
General admission is $15.00 for Between The Lines, an additional $20.00 for Big Wednesday.
Tickets can be purchased at:
http://www.nysurffilm.com
All proceeds go to veteran rehab.
You can also contact Ty through the http://www.betweenthelinesfilm.com/contacts.html
One More Article / Un Altro Articolo
-
Over the years teaching at La Scuola d’Italia NY, I have learned that
children are not just students; they are careful observers of the world,
full of q...
6 months ago
And if you don't already know it, Big Wednesday is the big kahuna of surf films.
ReplyDeleteRegards,
Tengrain
Ten... I did know that. My brother-in-law is a surfer and has the movie in his collection. Unfortunately, I only have time to see one flick.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry I missed it.
ReplyDeleteHopefully, it will get a dvd release so more can see it.
ReplyDeleteThanks Cat Daddy.
ReplyDeleteDiva...I'll tell you all about it when I get back.
ReplyDeleteSusan... I hope it does, too. I'll look for it.
fairlane... I'm headed out in a few. I'll let you know how it goes.
I'm sad it's not playing in Chicago. Like everyone else...hope it is released on DVD. Let us all know if you hear anything like that. If it is, I'm sure the Universities would be a good place to show it. There are so many young kids who have no idea what it was like during those Viet Nam era draft days. Living through that was very scary...my husband's draft number was 53 and when they dumped all college deferments, I was ready to pack for Canada. The war ended just in time for him to stay out of it, but I'll never forget that sinking feeling. Never.
ReplyDeleteMary Ellen... will do. The film was so worth the $16 I paid for admission and definitely worth owning on DVD. This documentary really underscores the hard choices young men had to make during that era. But the film did not skew politically in any one direction, which to the credit of the filmmakers (both Dems I believe), makes it that much more poignant and relevant.
ReplyDelete