Happy Mother's Day to all my blog friends who are mothers, who want to be mothers, or who are not mothers but had to endure hours of traffic to be with their mothers. I hope you all had a wonderful day.
E. and I had a relaxing, if not subdued Mother's Day. Rick and 13 made her cards, The Eldest baked her first cake -- a yellow cake with chocolate icing -- and even went out and spent her own money for all the ingredients.
She did a great job on her first solo attempt. It's hard to tell from this shot, but the boys noticed The Eldest's cake came out a bit lopsided, and being the annoying brothers they are, had to needle her about this fact. Funny how they had nothing to say as they shoveled huge chunks of it into their pie cake holes.
Aside from the cards and the cake, this Sunday morning started no differently than any other: I run out for bagels and the paper, we eat and talk and figure out what's on the day's agenda, and then E. herds the kids to 10:30AM mass while I stay home to take care of some errands around the house. I'm a heathen remember?
But not today. E. took a pass on Sunday service, opting instead for a well-deserved manicure and pedicure. "I'm going to use the money your mother gave yesterday to get the extra special massage treatment," she said.
I let her statement float there for a moment before asking, "Does that massage come with a happy ending?"
The smile and roll of her eyes would have been response enough, but she let the words escape her lips anyway, "Silly! It's not that kind of place!"
Yeah...like she'd tell me if it was.
One More Article / Un Altro Articolo
-
Over the years teaching at La Scuola d’Italia NY, I have learned that
children are not just students; they are careful observers of the world,
full of q...
6 months ago
The cake looks wonderful. I'm glad to know you all enjoyed a very Happy Mother's Day. Best wishes.
ReplyDeleteAnd you blushed over my cat porn? Tell 13, great cake, and as a mother I would have loved it, especially if it was lopsided.
ReplyDelete// manicure and pedicure....extra special massage treatment//
ReplyDeleteGees....YOU should have given her the manicure-pedicure-special massage treatment!!! THEN she might have spent the extra money to buy YOU a beer!!
AND...the massage MAY have come with a happy ending!!!
Boy&Howdy....you guys out East!!! ;)
Happy to hear that you and the family had a lovely Mother's Day. And that cake is excellent for a first attempt. I had a good holiday too. A real laid back dinner with the extended family. No disagreements, great food...it was all good.
ReplyDeleteYeah,
ReplyDeleteI guess it's ok to log onto your blog and get a Happy Mother's day wish meant for ....anyone who logs onto your blog. So anyway Thanks. I'm glad ya'll had a nice day too.
Thanks Susan. Indeed we did have a nice day.
ReplyDeleteAlecto - I blushed. I will let The Eldest know you thought her cake was fab.
okjimm - you must have missed the subtext of this post that implies that I tried to give her the extra special massage in hopes of my own happy ending, but the nail salon won out.
PiNYC - Glad to hear you had an enjoyable day as well. Her first attempt was awesome. Even I had a few pieces and I'm not much of a cake eater.
lil' sister cosa - you know you don't need a reason or an invitation to come this way. Hope you got your happy ending over in casa de cosa last Sunday.
a week late
ReplyDeleteany cake left?
DCap - Sorry. No cake left. But if The Eldest makes a cake for me on Father's Day, I'll be sure to save you a piece.
ReplyDeletePut my name on the list for a piece of the Father's day cake too. I want a piece with the icing flowers on it.
ReplyDeleteSpartacus:
ReplyDeleteYou've spent enough time on the bench watching the girls double-dutch and your boys scale skellies and you've eaten enough of Guss's sour pickles and creplach to last a lifetime and you've already smoked a couple of joints you got off of "Trip" West and you've stared at my cousin A____e's big tits long enough. And fantasized about fucking my aunt J___t who died young but looked like a bigger darker Madonna when she was alive.
And you've listened enough to the old Jewish guys with transistor radios complaining that Seaver hasn't won a game since Purim.
The telegraph wire needs some Old School wisdom, mi hermano.
It's now time to blog again. Si o no?
PoP - You piece of Father's Day cake is reserved. Just tell me where to send it.
ReplyDeleteKelso - Que si. It's time.