Friday, February 1, 2008

Morning in New York City

Some of you here in the blogosphere take pictures of your natural world and share it with us. Two of my favorite naturalists are DCup and the Cunning Runt. But who says that beauty is confined to just the country side?

If you can get past the rats and other vermin in this crazy town we call New York, and take pause for just one second from everyday life, you just might see something spectacular.












This was what I saw the morning of January 31, 2008 as I made my way to the office. I thought I'd share it with you.


















Update: I added this song because it just seemed right for this post.


15 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, Spartacus. I'm honored to be mentioned in the same breath as the Cunning Runt.

    Those are beautiful pix. And I love that rat. A self portrait? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DCup, flattery will get you... everywhere. ;)

    Nice pics, Spart. Yeah, The City's cool. I like to visit once in a while...

    ReplyDelete
  3. DCup - Self-portrait? Perhaps. But then again, I don't know too many people here who don't scratch and claw through all manner of obstacle to survive.

    CR - If you're ever in town, I know a few people here who would desire your company.

    DCup/CR - thanks for the compliment on the pics. You're both an inspiration to me. You must know that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can definitely find beauty in a city, it's simply a different kind. And that's a good song, dammit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RG - I think that rat is beautiful, too, and, yes, though I am a huge Giants fan, Boston rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rat, and great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks CDP! I love the rat, too. And now that I'm taking my camera everywhere, I hope to get a shot of the blow up gorilla I see every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you really catch the moment in the city. They are nice pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos. The city looks its best in the early morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that rat has been all over the city -- he was spotted near rockefeller center, near broadway and last week he was right across the street from my apt at the Con Ed bldg.

    those rats, always deserting a sinking ship

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool pics! Hope you'll do more of these pic posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. The three sun-lit pics are quite stunning...lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. anonymous, PiNYC, suzi and TP-Man...thanks all for props. I plan to do a bit more pic posting. Look for it.

    DCap - I hear what you're saying about that rat. I really like it, and the gorilla, too. I'm not sure if it's has any effect on all those non-union construction sites, but it does get my attention. Talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome photos. I started to cry a little, I confess.

    Great tune, too. Tom Scholz is definitely one of the unheralded pop geniuses of the 1970s.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kelso, I carry the camera with me every day. I just never know when I'm going to catch a uniquely NY scene. I'll be sure to share it with our blog group when I do. But try not to cry, bro. We New Yorkers have a rep to protect... ha ha.

    I'm totally with you on Tom Scholz. He gave us some of best rock anthem riffs ever carved into vinyl.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...