Monday, February 4, 2008

18-1 Is a Great Record in the NFL...

...but not enough to be champion this season. The Patriots threw everything at the Giants, but they would not break. They held the highest scoring team this year to 7 points at the half, 14 for the game. They had to play a perfect game to beat Team Belichick, and there ya have it. They shocked the world!

Giants 17, Patriots 14 -- F


It was an especially sweet victory for me. I got to watch it with my brother-in-law Dave who is a die hard Patriots fan. Sorry bro, but Beantown ain't Titletown today.

Savor it New York Giants and congratulations.

8 comments:

  1. I am a big football fan but for whatever reason, I just couldn't get excited about the game this year. I slept through most of it. It's hard for a Cowboys fan to cheer for the Giants, but I did want them to take the Pats out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho hum, another title for New York. Well, at least there's some semblance of a cap so you have to earn a title instead of just trying to buy one like the Yankees. Now THOSE bastards I loathe. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Randal on the Yankees, but I'm glad the Giants won. Will you be live-blogging the ticker-tape parade?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually don't care but I am happy about this outcome. Too much bragging and smugness from anyone makes me root for the other team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i even watched --- now that is a miracle...

    the parade is gonna suck tomorrow
    thankfully i am nowhere near it

    ReplyDelete
  6. PoP- Sorry to hear you're a Cowboys fan. I never understood the attraction some people have for that team. You'll need to explain it to me sometime.

    RG/CDP - don't be haters. The Giants weren't supposed to win this game. They were the underdogs, remember. Oh and BTW...I'm a Mets fan. Love it when the Yankees lose.

    Lib - I'll admit that I have a passion for sports, but I've learned recently to keep it in all in perspective. For example, you'll never catch me using the word "we" in connection with a sports team and I loathe people that do. Typically, I ask those "we" folks "what exactly did you win?"

    DCap - wonders never cease with you do they? I thought you hated sports? You're right about the parade. Lucky for me, I'll be working up in our Westchester office tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It feels pretty damned good. I'm hoping we're going to feel this way in October and November, too.

    Now, how about firing Coughlin and letting Tiki take over as head coach, and let's leave all the assistant coaches in place?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelso - Tiki quit and blamed everyone but himself for the failure of what should have been a great Giants team in 2006. I think it's hardly a coincidence that team chemistry vastly improved post-Tiki, and look what they did with that.

    Granted Coughlin is no gridiron genius, but Gilbride and Spagnuolo more than make up for his deficiencies.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...