We arrived in Brooklyn -- me, Distributor Cap, Pissed in NYC and FranIAm. We stepped out of the cab to a smiling Morse, waiting outside his loft.
DCap and Fran had bottles of wine. PiNYC had a nice cake. Me? Two six packs Yuengling beer.
That's just like me -- the classy one.
I have to admit, I was a bit apprehensive about this meeting. I didn't really know much about this motley group of bloggers than from what I gleaned from their writing. There was an intimidation factor, not much different from the one I would feel if I suddenly found myself in a bar with my celebs. After all, I brought the beer. Travolta? Peck? Grant? Maradona? Would these guys wouldn't bring beer to this shin-dig?
Okay, I'm making too big a deal about the whole beer thing. I didn't obsess about it then as nearly as much as I did here, because from the moment we arrived at Morse's doorstep, the experience of hanging with Morse, Ms. Morse, the the Morsel, DCap, FranIam, and Pissed in NYC, WaterTiger and Tengrain (via Skype phone) was nothing short of magical.
We talked and talked and talked, and in between thoughts, we ate some fine grub. We were entertained by the Morsel, one of whose favorite movies is Singing in the Rain. Boy, did this kid make us laugh....
Take a look at these pics. Can you tell we had a good time?




One More Article / Un Altro Articolo
-
Over the years teaching at La Scuola d’Italia NY, I have learned that
children are not just students; they are careful observers of the world,
full of q...
6 months ago
Dang! that sounds like a great time. Who's a guy gotta fellate to get invited to one of these shindigs? I am your neighbor, you know! (And fan. And I drink beer!)
ReplyDeleteIt was a lot of fun, indeed.
ReplyDeleteGreat shot of Morse and the morsel.
ReplyDeleteDCup, CR - This was Morse's gig. But NYC's a big place and so was Morse's pad. I'm sure there's room for more at the next shin-dig. And, CR, it's nice to know you drink beer. I knew there was a reason why I liked you...LOL.
ReplyDeleteMorse. It was fun. But the word for me is magical.
PiNYC. Thanks. It was a great shot. But did anyone notice DCap enjoying the hickey he was getting from Morse's cockatiel?
DCap thought it was animal magnetism until Morse explained it was the chain he was wearing around his neck.
ReplyDeletePiNYC-Either way, that bird looked quite happy to be on pecking on his neck like that.
ReplyDeletedidnt i tell all of you guys that i was tippi hedren in my past life?
ReplyDeleteFab photos and I loved seeing this through your eyes.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fine time indeed!!
Hey, I did invite CR via Skype. Next time we'll make it a weekend event.
ReplyDeleteI've got huevo puta SKYPE. Plus, a cheap cable calling plan -- you know I like desordenes!
ReplyDeleteMorse-A weekend meet up would be grand. Who knew our fete would be so popular?
ReplyDeleteKelso - Don't worry brother. You won't be forgotten for the next meet up. Cheap cable plans, huevo putas and desordenes be damned.
Fran-Thanks for the props on the photos. Indeed, we had an awesome time.
ReplyDelete