Saturday, October 13, 2007

Stale Gum

I wrote this poem about how words speaking obscenities. It's my way of shouting out to Fairlane for sharing his thoughts on racism.

Stale Gum

Imagine the horrible taste of stale gum
Once sugarless sweet
But now devoid of all it’s flavor.
You chew it autonomically
Gnashing your molars
Against this temporary cartiledge

It’s like an idea so dark
That it waits for your slumber
To enter your mind.
It surfs on an airwave
Into your brain, washing ashore
Refuse your mouth would never say

Faggot. Cunt. Bitch. Dick. Asshole.
Nigger. Spic. Mick. Kike. Cracker.
Satanist. Papist. Fornicator. Blasphemer.
God Bless America!

Imagine all this from
Chewing flavorless gum;
Visceral obscenities out of some
Recess in your mind that lack taste.
Spit them out into the garbage
Where those words and gum belong.

2 comments:

  1. Wow- I love that. Thank you.

    You know I am always inspired to cuss when I am visiting Jonestown. I just am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran - cussing is allowed here too. This poem was less about the cussing and more about it's overuse and acceptance in normal conversation, and how predictably rotten it becomes. We have better words to describe our angst, much more elegant ones in fact. I digress, cuss if you must, but try n ot to be too fucking blatant about it, okay? (ha ha)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...