Friday, September 7, 2007

A Shout Out To Kelso

Everyone has friends in the blogsphere and fiends of friends. This morning, one of my friends -- DCup of Politits -- clued me in on another blogger friend of hers, Kelso of Kelso's Nuts. As you'll see he is an American ex-pat living in Panama who has alot of good insights into the state of American politics. He knows how the rest of the world sees us. But he's there and not here, which means my shout out to him has to travel many, many miles of category 5, 5e, 6 and fiber-optic cable.



Enjoy it bro!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the shout out. Quite an honor. The question is: have you been reading MY mail? I was IM-ing with someone today and I said that since Clinton was impeached every day has felt like the day John Lennon was killed. Like it's all just too weird to wrap your mind around. I didn't like Ronald Reagan or George H.W. Bush's politics but I understood them. From the impeachment through today, America has seemed alien. Now, it really is.

    On, you asked me about 2004. I voted for Kerry but I bet on Bush and donated winnings to Code Pink and Gold Star Mothers.

    The blog-tag-meme thing can get a little silly but I'm tagging you with one question. You can't be Seaver, which Payson-era NY Met would you be otherwise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelso- Thanks for the explanation. At least you got something out of the '04 election.

    Like you I also know someone who worked for the Clinton Admin., last name Kristoff. Ring a bell? If so, drop me an e-mail.

    So who would I be from the Payson-era Mets? Tommy Agee is the one coming to mind now, but there were so many to love from those teams back then...and so many to not like, too (Willie Montanez? Richie Hebner?)

    Fran/DCap - I remember crying the day of John Lennon's death and hearing this song over and over again. It's only now that I really understand it.

    DCup - It is every New Yorker's birthright to nominate an honorary New Yorker. You are my nomination. You now have 3 months to appear before the nominating committee of myself, Fran, and DCap to collect your honorary New Yorker certificate. It comes with a subway map, two free slices of pizza, and a night of drinking at one our favorite dive bars. However, you must pledge to not act like a fucking tourist and gawk at Times Sqaure or Ground Zero and promise never, ever to visit the American Girl Store on 5th Avenue.

    Deal? Good! Welcome to NY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've forgotten her last name. It was somethng Jewish and she was from Farmington Hills, MI. Her first name was Stacy.

    Montanez was a big disappointment but I always loved Hebner. Real 3-true outcomes guy. Lots of walks, Ks, and good power. Creamed right-handed pitching. The funny ones are like Don Hahn or Bill Sudakis. But I thought you were going to say Matlack.

    D-CUP/CAP: I think she should take it a little further and if asked by a tourist how to get to Ground Zero, just say take the A train uptown to 125th Street & Lenox. Walk two blocks north and two blocks east and you can't miss it. Yeah, you'll see these red brick hi-rises. It's just behind there. It's SPECTACULAR AFTER DARK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spartacus - thanks for the nomination. I'll check my schedule and see when I might appear before the committee. I think I could pass muster, but I'm guessing it'll be a little tougher than my true Midwesterner membership and my adopted Southerner situation.

    I'll make every effort to display the necessary busy, unaffected persona as I steer tourists to the less safe areas of the City per Kelso's suggestion.

    And I'll remember to fold my pizza when I eat it with my hands.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...