
Eric Clapton's song has been in my head since I woke up this morning. I'm not really sure why. But anytime I sing it in the shower or in the car, I can't help but change the lyrics. My favorite lines to change are in the last verse:
Original version
It's time to go home now
and I've got an aching head,
So I give her the car keys
and she helps me to bed.
My revision goes something like this:
It's time to go home now
and I want to go to bed,
So she pulls down my trousers
and she gives me some head.....
I never get a chance to complete the last last verse because when I reach that part, I'm usually interrupted by my lovely wife who yells at me, "sing the right words!" Like many a high school teen of the late 70s/early 80s, "Wonderful Tonight" was her "prom" song. It is a mortal sin - sacrilege even - to be parody this song in any way. It's blasphemy, I tell you.
and I've got an aching head,
So I give her the car keys
and she helps me to bed.
My revision goes something like this:
It's time to go home now
and I want to go to bed,
So she pulls down my trousers
and she gives me some head.....
I never get a chance to complete the last last verse because when I reach that part, I'm usually interrupted by my lovely wife who yells at me, "sing the right words!" Like many a high school teen of the late 70s/early 80s, "Wonderful Tonight" was her "prom" song. It is a mortal sin - sacrilege even - to be parody this song in any way. It's blasphemy, I tell you.
Anyway, all are invited to complete the parody for me......
...and I conjure the words
ReplyDeleteas I lay on the bed:
"If you wanna get ahead,
You gotta give some head."
nonnononono... laughing way too hard, was my prom song too
ReplyDeleteOMG..you went all the way back my first post! Awesome. I might have to do the same on yours and leave a comment.
ReplyDelete