
My dog Chester is without doubt the smartest dog in the world. Really. It's true. He intently watches TV. Yeah, I know that's not much in the way of proof, but it's really all the proof I need.
He also has a jones for stray rabbits. He's already been tried and convicted for chasing one to its death. Last summer, he ran it down after a four block struggle and decided he was too tired to take a bite out of it. So, he stood over it and gave me this goofy "look what I caught look." Of course, he did this is full view of our town's code enforcers, one whom has a penchant for saving little creatures from harm -- including the ducks and geese that pollute our parks with their feces.
Long story short, I got dragged into municpal court where I pleaded my fine down to a whopping $125!!! Fast forward to today, it seems that before Chester "killed" the rabbit last summer, it got busy and now there are several roaming around our neighborhood for him to chase. Either that or the parents who brought them as Christmas gifts suddenly went on a PETA-bent and decided that "catching and releasing" them into the wilds of suburbia was a good idea. I swear, the furry little bastards are showing up all over the place and Chester is acting like a junkie in a crack house. His harness is starting to shred from the strain of his pull.....
One More Article / Un Altro Articolo
-
Over the years teaching at La Scuola d’Italia NY, I have learned that
children are not just students; they are careful observers of the world,
full of q...
6 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Talk to me...