When Noodle was but a few days old, she had a problem pooping. Literally. She would not take a crap. Naturally, Skippy and I were quite worried about this, as you would expect first-time parents would be. So we called the pediatrician, who told us to give her more water, to soften her stool, and use glycerin suppositories to... ummm... well... grease the skids, so to speak.
Long story short. It worked. She pooped. Mom and Dad were relieved. Life went on.
I don't know what this story has to do with my desire to blog again. Truth is, I've been wanting to return to blogging for quite some time, and Noodle's early-life gastrointestinal adventures seemed a good place to start. You see, I've had lots of shit to building up inside me and it just needed to come out.
So what kind of shit has been building up inside of Spartacus in the past year? Well, let's see....
I got addicted to Facebook and am now going through withdrawal... I played gigs in Georgia, Texas, and Mexico, and managed to get heckled only once. Noodle had an accident in the Jeep, and lived to tell about it... I'm still married (can you fucking believe that?)... I'm still employed at a job I used to hate... I still get depressed, but I'm managing those those moments much better... I got really, really good at telling people who don't like me to go fuck themselves... My dad thinks I'm going to hell.
What? Did you seriously think I'd explain all that shit in one post? Pfft. Forget it. I may even need a courtesy flush....
One More Article / Un Altro Articolo
-
Over the years teaching at La Scuola d’Italia NY, I have learned that
children are not just students; they are careful observers of the world,
full of q...
6 months ago
//I don't know what this story has to do with my desire to blog again//
ReplyDeletemaybe to explain that "Shit Happens"?
You went to Mexicostan? I sure hope as an undercover border patrol agent.
ReplyDeleteAnd you are going to hell, but relax, their drinks are cheaper.
I rarely look at the blogger rss feeds but for some reason I did so this morning. I couldn't do FB for several reasons that all remain perfectly valid from my POV ^_^ but I have missed you. Whatever reasons for your return I'm glad you're back and hope Noodle is recovered
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you back. Congratulations on the gigs. And fuck the hecklers. I'd like to see them learn an instrument and go on stage.
ReplyDeleteI was beginning to think you'd chewed up an entire box of imodium like they were chicklets!
ReplyDelete