Okay, Randal... since you asked....
Or is it "since you tagged?"
And since I'm too weak a blogger to not comply with a meme request...
I come forth with the fourth pic in the fourth folder in the following file path on my laptop:
C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\My Documents\My Pictures
The Rules:
1. Go to the 4th folder in your computer where you store your pictures. (I did that)
2. Pick the 4th picture in that folder. (See photo below)
3. Explain the picture. (Can you hold your fucking horses?)
4. Tag 4 people to do the same. (They're all going to hate me, but okay..)
It is my distinct pleasure, dear readers of this most humble of blogs, to give you:
But this one....
Here's the explanation. I broke it playing touch football about 15 months ago. I was on offense running a 15-yard out pattern. The guy playing defense didn't bite on my move and jumped in front of me to intercept it. So I stuck out my left hand to knock it down. The outcome? Blind searing pain!
But what I learned from this event was not that fingers can't stop footballs. No, the lesson from breaking my finger is that I need to develop a thicker skin for hospital emergency room snark. I posted it about it once. But you can forgo clicking through to that link because after it was all said and done; after the insurance cards were handed over; after sharing the same space with people who were legitimately in need of emergency care; after the x-rays were taken and the treatment dispensed... phew! I walked away with a new sense for the phrase "I hope you feel better."
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I tag the following folks. And if you don't comply, may the dogs of Hades hunt you down and maul your left pinky!
Distributorcap - because he hates memes
Alecto - because I always tag her
Tengrain - because he's the king of photographic snark
Dianne - because she's got a blog devoted to photography

That photo made me feel queasy. Anything about injuries does that too me.
ReplyDeleteFunny, my first husband broke his leg playing touch football. What is it with guys playing rough games? I don't think I have ever heard of grown females playing those sorts of games. We don't want to break things, especially things like our bones.
I know of two people who've broken their wrists so far this winter. The first was a friend my age who took her 5th grade class skiing and ended up losing a battle with a snow fence. The other is an orthopedic surgeon who slipped on his icy deck. They both get time to contemplate how quickly things can change.
ReplyDeletePoP... Sorry I made you feel queasy. I was just following Randal's rules. As why men play rough games and women don't, I submit as evidence the Filene's basement sale when designer wedding dresses are steeply discounted. Now there's a blood sport if I ever saw one.
ReplyDeleteSusan... indeed they do. But in my case, I had to sit in a hospital emergency room and contemplate it in the company of people who were legitimately injured and/or ill.
I hate memes, too.
ReplyDeleteAnd following those directions, it was a picture of Karen Hughes (Sasquatch to Scissorheads) that has not relationship to me whatsover. I suppose I might have used it in one of my comic strips.
Regards,
Tengrain
...grain, wouldn't it have just been easier to give the finger?
ReplyDeletewill do, tonight!
ReplyDeleteThanks Alecto... and by all means, let loose and have fun with it.
ReplyDeleteI know how much the memes can pain. I hope you feel better. ;-)
ReplyDeleteDon't go there Randal. I break other folks fingers as well as I break my own. Heh.
ReplyDeleteDone! and if you want that dos string and bat file, let me know!
ReplyDeleteI read it Alecto. Great job and thanks for passing it on. But the DOS strings in *.bat files are not necessary. I don't need anymore agonizing flashbacks.
ReplyDelete