Maybe....
I'm still trying to figure out why John McCain would shoot his campaign in the proverbial foot by choosing this woman as his running mate.
He could have chosen this woman. She's pretty hot and Katie Couric could never make her look like an idiot.
Was it her wink?
Or how good her ass still looks at age 44.
I don't think so. He's not that shallow, is he?
Then it hit me after this song came on Fred on XM as I was driving to my touch football game this morning. He's got a thing for Mayors!
XTC - The Mayor of Simpleton
Who says Republicans aren't romantics?
One More Article / Un Altro Articolo
-
Over the years teaching at La Scuola d’Italia NY, I have learned that
children are not just students; they are careful observers of the world,
full of q...
6 months ago
Yes, I'm afraid he is. I'm also afraid 'we' are as well.
ReplyDeleteI keep saying I am 'done' with Sarah..... and then she irritates me again. I think she is like poison oak.... man, it takes a long time for that shit to go away..... and a lotta calamine lotion tooo....
ReplyDeleteCondi is kinda hot only if you are very drunk, it's 2:00 a.m. and every other chick at bar looks like Lynne Cheney. Just saying.
ReplyDeleteCondi refused to consider the offer. There's a nice penthouse condo waiting for her in Dubai between her highly paid lecture tours where she'll talk about how easy it is to start wars and inflict torture legally.
ReplyDeleteSpartacus: I found myself biting your style a little in my penultimate post put I did refer to you (at Riis) in it.
ReplyDeleteToday's was all econ and finance.
McCain picked Palin I believe for the very reason that from the end of the DNC through the Monday on which AIG, LEHMAN and MERRILL wobbled, she created a buzz that erased a damned good speech by Obama and drove McCain from facing landslide loss to having a short lead. All Republicans, All the MSM, and Most independents fell in love with this woman at first glance.
In other words, John McCain knew he was up against it in a race with an Obama/Biden ticket. He couldn't beat them on the issues. He couldn't beat them on rhetorical stylings. He couldn't beat them on looks. He certainly couldn't beat them on history given Americans' prediliction for Democrats in times of crisis.
He could only beat them with a culture/race/religion war and the MSM. Everybody down field and I'm going to heave it up as high and far as I can!
Probably, he approached Mitt Romney at some point both during the process and again recently. Ridge and Lieberman were out of the question because of being idenifiably pro-choice. Pawlenty was out because he threatened McCain's ego. So, he had to reconsider Romney twice even though he hates Romney and vice-versa.
I'd imagine Romney told him that he'd take it under the conditions that he (Romney) would be the boss and McCain would be the Chimpy. No way McCain could handle that. No way McCain could handle Romney's intelligence or success.
No matter how much of an extremist Romney campaigned as, the base didn't buy him and they were right. He's a pragmatist and son of the first big-time to come out against the Vietnam War.
McCain's stuck with her and with a racist, culture-war campaign that seems to be pushing the Obama/Biden ticket closer to 400 or more electoral votes.
Rice was never a thought. It would have took away the huge racial advantage that McCain has. It also takes race away as a pretty effective campaign tactic for McCain. Also, how could he take the longest-serving Bush cabinet member who carries almost as big a stain for Iraq than Bush does?
I always feel bad after following an inspired comment from Kelso with bad snark, but Republicans think war is romantic, so why not the vice of pretzeldenting?
ReplyDeleteGood snark, buddy. I'm on a Palin joke cold turkey right now because she really outdid herself on Sunday. It was too much of a good thing.
ReplyDeleteI just want to shove her high heels firmly into her mouth.
ReplyDeleteshe is a vile piece of crap and an insult whore for Johnnie because he can't get it up on his own
not that I'm angry or anything
Fear not Alecto. Or better still vote your fears and let's start undoing the damage of the last 8 years.
ReplyDeleteOkjimm...if itches don't scratch. It will only spread further. That's why I'm hoping I make this my last words on Palin. But damn if I can't resist a good scratch, Calamine lotion or no.
PiNYC... so I see you've donned beer goggles, too, in your life. Sadly, I've been there. Shall we start a support group?
Susan... such bitterness belies the thoughtful and incisive impression I've developed for you. Thanks for ruining the moment for me. But keep up the rants. Now's the time to step on their necks. ;^)
Kelso...no problem in biting my style. I don't really know that I have on, but I'm flattered nonetheless. As for Condi, I was not serious at all about her being a possible VP candidate because her direct connection to Bush/Cheney would be a drag on the ticket. McCain went for the lowest common denominator appealing to the baser selves of most white voters, their desire to fuck the hot mom next door who happens to look like a librarian who is more than willing to splay herself on the pool table.
Randal...what does McCain know from war? He spent five years in Hanoi telling Ho Chi Minh everything he wanted to know. That's what I call winning a war, don't you? Palin thinks so too... you betcha!
Dianne... I'm sure she's had many moments where her knees were strapped behind her shoulder blades, so as to taste her 9-inch pumps. But that doesn't make her a whore, now does it? It makes her a limber one.
What Dianne said.
ReplyDeleteDiva...in response, what I wrote back to Dianne.
ReplyDeleteThat woman has forced me to see my dark side :-) ..and I kind of like it.
ReplyDeleteActually, Spartacus, I never made a mistake because of beer goggles. Bad judgment? Yes. Beer goggles, no. At least if beer goggles were responsible I'd have a good excuse. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteI like your dark side...Susan. Keep it coming.
ReplyDeleteYou use bad judgment? PiNYC, I'm shocked! ;^)
McCain chose her because he knew she would do exactly what she is doing; revving up the base and inciting anger. And because she is a woman, she can plaster a nice face on it, and surround herself with her kids as human shields.
ReplyDeleteMorse.. I couldn't agree with you more, despite my attempt at humor. He was looking for an attractive mouthpiece to deliver his political vitriol, so he would not have to. And, because he likes having MILFs in his stable. I'm just saying...
ReplyDelete