Maybe it's because I'm just not with it today....
Or, maybe it's for no damn good reason at all...
Heaven 17 - Let Me Go
Once there was a day
We were together all the way
An endless path unbroken
But now there is a time
A torture less sublime
Our souls are locked and frozen
Once we were years ahead but now those thoughts are dead
Let me go
All hopeless fantasies are making fools of me
Let me go
I walk alone and yet I never say goodbye
Let me go
A change of heart a change of mind and heaven fell that night
Let me go
I tried but could not bring
The best of everything
Too breathless then to wonder
I died a thousand times
Found guilty of no crime
Now everything is thunder
Daytime all I want is
Nighttime I don't need the
Daytime all I want is
Nighttime I don't need the
The best years of our lives
The hope of it survives
The facts of life unspoken
The only game in town
I'll turn the last card down
And now the bank is broken
Found guilty of no crime
They were the best years of our lives
I'll turn the last card down
We were together all the way
An endless path unbroken
But now there is a time
A torture less sublime
Our souls are locked and frozen
Once we were years ahead but now those thoughts are dead
Let me go
All hopeless fantasies are making fools of me
Let me go
I walk alone and yet I never say goodbye
Let me go
A change of heart a change of mind and heaven fell that night
Let me go
I tried but could not bring
The best of everything
Too breathless then to wonder
I died a thousand times
Found guilty of no crime
Now everything is thunder
Daytime all I want is
Nighttime I don't need the
Daytime all I want is
Nighttime I don't need the
The best years of our lives
The hope of it survives
The facts of life unspoken
The only game in town
I'll turn the last card down
And now the bank is broken
Found guilty of no crime
They were the best years of our lives
I'll turn the last card down
Ya, I kinda felt like I hit a wall today, too.
ReplyDeleteBoth kids go back to college in a couple of weeks. Bub has been living part time with his mom, friends.... it will be a relief to everyone when he can move back into his own apartment on the first.
Miriam has been busting her chops working the last few weeks. She is burnt.
I play guidance counselor.... cause they have difficulty talking with mom.
I think it is time for my therapy session. A good pale ale and some carry out chinese. Damn fine therapy iffen you ask me.
Peace&stuff
Thanks okjimm. I'll assume that you know this feeling all too well. I swear, sometimes you may as well call me Gilbert Grape because there's always something eating at me. But like I tell my therapist, Skippy, and anyone else who I know and cares to listen, "let me go." Let me walk this angst alone and hear myself think. I always return in a much happier state... and, if my path leads me to a cold, pint of a good pale ale and some take out chinese (care for a scallion pancake?), all the better.
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel, kiddo. Like okjimm...I hit the wall bigtime last week and hope to snap out of this funk soon. There's nothing worse than a funky nun...believe me. ;-)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend!
Life is about letting yourself feel it for how would we ever know happiness if we didn't know pain?
ReplyDeleteDude -
ReplyDeleteWith the cold war suddenly returning, I'm having Reagan-esquey flashbacks of a post apocalyptic world myself.
The song is great, one of my all-time favorites about nuclear annihilation. I remember being at an OMD concert and being gob-smacked when everyone started dancing and bopping about to Enola Gay. I wanted to throttle them and say, don't you know that song is about dropping the bomb?
Anyway, cheer up, bro. We made it through Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and nearly the end of George the Lesser. We can make it through anything.
Regards,
Tengrain
Spartacus, I have awarded you an award.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mary Ellen... But I personally would like to see your funky nun-ness in action. I have a feeling there will much dancing, doughnuts and beer.
ReplyDeletesusan... there are some feelings of pain I have that must be tucked away safely, if only I could release them.
Tengrain... I knew that this song was about "the bomb", but it's brilliance is in the personal manner in which it can be read. As for Enola Gay, I bopped to this, too, in my mulletful 80s years. But what else could one do with cheery songs on annihilation?
Thanks Diva...I left a thanks over by you.
Okay, this wall hitting is eerily becoming a trend. I think we've all been infected with some hideous government pathogen that some unwitting employee of the CDC let loose.
ReplyDeleteOr it's just August.
Randal, we're but sailing ships caught in the summer doldrums.
ReplyDeleteSpartacus: I hear you. Thing is, I was feeling a bit despondent a while back, but I found that I finally was able to emotionally detach from the current political game. It makes a difference. I'm still pissed, but I'm not putting all my chips on hope. There are other, more effective things than hope. That said, hope you had a relaxing weekend.
ReplyDeletePiNYC..I had a nice weekend...thanks. But please don't let politics get you down. It's not worth it. What is worth your time are those cool nieces and nephews of yours down on the Jersey shore. That's where it's at sister.
ReplyDelete