Friday, February 8, 2008

Welcome Home, Marine!

Welcome home, Marine!

At first, I was thinking at the onset of reaching for the low hanging fruit and posting the YouTube video of The Trogg's "Wild Thing", because you really are a "groovy" cat. But since FranIam beat me to it, (damn her and my slow typing skills!), I think I need to try a different approach here.

I'll keep it simple and just say "thanks." While I do not agree with the reasons our government used to put you in harms way, you should know, too, that I and many of your friends in the blogosphere are grateful for your service. As I read about your struggles to get obtain care for your wrist injury, I can't help but think that those that sent you and your fellow Marines off to war viewed you as expendable.

Please know that we don't. We see you as a United States Marine who serves his nation proudly and bravely, and that it takes an extraordinary measure of courage "wear the uniform" and stand up to rifle and mortar fire in defense of our nation. The thought of doing that is unimaginable to me. Snowballs are not bullets...right?

But I am no less grateful. We are no less grateful.

Again, I say, welcome home Marine! Thanks!

Now for some low hanging fruit. Since FranIam beat me to The Trogg's idea, I figured I'd try a different, and hopefully, no less humorous song to make your day. Now that you're "1 for 1" in asking out the MILF, my guess is that she said yes because she'd love to see you shoot. Enjoy!



Update: I was remiss in not giving a special h/t to CDP at Aunt Dahlia for organizing Wyld's Day. Please stop by her site and give her a shout out. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Great post :)
    Best wishes and many thanks to Wyld and all Marines.

    mac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    One of the cool things about being back is I can finally see these videos, this one just too damn funny, thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wyld:

    The promise on Jonestown stands.

    Practice your golf, tennis, poker, and lovemaking because you are definitely going to be kidnapped and imprisoned in a mansion on a golf course SOMEWHERE in Colombia if they even whisper about your going back to Iraq or even Afghanistan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All, thanks for joining me in welcoming Wyld home. This was much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...