This time it was CDP from over at Aunt Dahlia who tagged my ass.
This tag requires a bit less physical effort than the Mathman's tag, but alot more thought.
Okay, here's the borrowed one:
How NOT to Get Pissed Off at Stupid Shit
Of course I’d have to look MUCH harder for blog material, wouldn’t I? This might just be one of those “be careful what you wish for” things.
Now here are the rest:
Understan
ding the Phenomena of the Remote Control
A survey course in the actual history of this most ubiquitous of rectangular electronic devices. We'll look at how it went from being a time-saving component for changing television channels to a phallic symbol of patriarchal authority and household control. For me this one is crucial because the remote is the only device between me and another episode of "What Not To Wear."
Learning to Pay Attention
This is a skill I really need to master, especially when it comes to listening to E. Whether I'm walking through the door after work or I'm intently watching "the game", she may as well be Charlie Brown's teacher talking gibberish or I'm the chicken hawk to Foghorn Leghorn's chicken, because I can never hear a fucking word she's saying.
How To Disappear When A School Project is Due
Despite the fact that I rarely act my age, I did satisfy my compulsory educational requirements, graduated high school and college. There is simply no reason in the world why I should be mentally and physically pre-occupied with task of building yet another replica of the Great Pyramids of Egypt. What I would not give for the ability to make myself disappear this weekend.
How To Conveniently Forget Your Driving Skills When Your Kids Need a Ride
This one's a no brainer. Really. While E. is more of the household taxi driver than I am, it is the one "honey-do" activity that rankles me to no end. When I was a kid in the New York City and in Queens, I walked everywhere. While this is not always possible for certain suburban activities, more and more of them are of a "walkable" distance. I could make 'em walk, but I'm thinking if I could get the current NYC metered-taxi rate of $2.50 upon entry, I just might re-think this course and call it, How to be more like Robert DeNiro When Your Kids Need a Ride.
One More Article / Un Altro Articolo
-
Over the years teaching at La Scuola d’Italia NY, I have learned that
children are not just students; they are careful observers of the world,
full of q...
6 months ago
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOh my- this leaves me trembling as I have not yet done this.
ReplyDeleteAnd what could top this???
Excellent work! My husband needs the paying attention course, as he too suffers "deaf to the sound of my voice" syndrome. I've been threatening for years (and I'll do it one of these days) to call one of his fellow officers with lists of things that I need him to know, since I know that he'll actually hear what they tell him. (Not only am I going to do this, I'm going to blog about it. Mwah ha ha!)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE me some WNTW, but Stacy's new show is a train wreck, I couldn't stand more than 2 minutes of it.
I justtagged you in the story virus meme. Continue it on if you like.
ReplyDeleteOh man, I love the DeNiro course!
ReplyDeleteDGuz, if someone memes you with this tag, you have my permission to use this as your copy course.
ReplyDelete